Peace Lutheran Church has been sharing God's answers for life with families in the Bradenton area for more than 50 years. Our church was founded on the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ and on our desire to know Him better through His word. In February 1957, worship services began with Pastor James Vogt in the Bradenton area in February 1957. Organized a year later, the congregation purchased five acres of land. On Reformation Sunday in 1960, the congregation dedicated the new facility. In 1964, Peace added a Sunday school, nursery, and office building. Our Christian day school was opened in the fall of 1970 and five years later the congregation dedicated the school building.
In 2009, Peace Community Park was built adjacent to our facility through a joint partnership between Peace Lutheran and the Manatee County Community Redevelopment Agency. Peace Park features a full-size outdoor basketball court, 9-hole disc golf course, and a large playground system with slides, swings, monkey bars, shade roofs and a pyramid net climber.
Today, Peace Lutheran School continues to help parents and students through Christian love, support, encouragement and assistance - nurturing children in God’s Word. Every day in our classrooms, our students hear about our Savior and his never-ending blessings and love for us. But, we do not want it to stop there! Our school is a full-time educational institution affording every child with that which cannot be found in any public establishment of its kind - a balanced program for the SOUL, the BODY, and the MIND of the child. Our goal is to provide a solid education in all branches of learning and spiritual and moral training based upon the unmovable foundation of the Holy Scriptures.
Peace Lutheran Church is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
Contact Pastor John Maasch by email or phone at (941) 747-2373 to learn more about becoming part of the family at Peace.